Cooking Guide for the 2.5kg size only
This is a guide only and appliances can vary. Please make sure food is cooked thoroughly until piping hot.
If you choose to freeze this product, please defrost in the fridge for 48 hours before following the steps below,
1. Take the turkey breast out of the fridge for around an hour to allow it to come up to room temperature.
2. Heat the oven to 190C or 170C for fan assisted ovens or gas-mark 5.
3. Roughly chop onions and carrots and place in the bottom of a suitably sized oven dish.
4. Rub the butter over the skin and season well. Lay the turkey breast on top of the veg
5. Pour in enough water to cover the veg, and cover the whole dish with a ‘tent’ of foil.
6. Roast for 2 hours (if cooking a stuffed turkey breast, add 20 mins to the cooking time), remove the foil for the last 20 minutes to allow the skin to brown. With the point of a knife, test to see if it feels hot as soon as you pull it out (be careful) and that the juices run clear. If you have a thermometer, then it should read 67 – 72C. If the joint appears to be underdone, then put back in the oven for another 10 mins.
7. Don’t skip this step otherwise, the juices will run out as you carve. Leave the turkey to rest for 20 mins somewhere warm, it will continue cooking so the final internal temperature will rise slightly.
8. Use the strained veg and liquid in the bottom of the dish and the juices from carving to make your gravy, and serve with the turkey and veg.